Please click a question below to reveal the answer.
Our minimum daily schedule of service is only two hours per day in order to schedule in-home care. Care can be scheduled from one to seven days per week, depending on the client’s specific needs.
Absolutely, we wouldn’t have it any other way, After answering your initial questions by phone, if you choose to proceed we will schedule a nurse to visit your home and complete a comprehensive, in-person assessment, taking into consideration the clients health and living environment. At this point, a care plan is developed in conjunction with the patient, family, and the patient’s primary care physician, and is tailored to meet the client’s specific needs. Because no two clients are alike, we are careful to select our caregivers based on the personality and needs of the client. A licensed nurse will supervise care.
O’Connell strives to address all service requests as they are arise from the same day to several weeks in advance. However, it is helpful if we are given at least 48-hours of notice of the time the service is needed.
We require a deposit for services in cases where the amount of necessary care exceeds 40 hours a week. In these cases, a deposit of two weeks of service is requested.
O’Connell is an insured and bonded home care agency. The benefits to our clients and staff include:
- Providing professional liability insurance, worker’s compensation and unemployment
- Very thorough pre-employment screenings
- Continuous supervision of all cases; if there is a change in the status of a client, or there is a change in staffing, we are aware of it immediately and make adjustments promptly. If a good match is not made between the client and aide, we do not leave the client without coverage; we will find someone to fill in until a better match is available to cover.
Before joining the O’Connell team, all candidates undergo a thorough screening process that includes:
- Criminal background checks
- Professional reference checks
- Proof of address, valid driver’s license, and proof of car insurance
- I-9 verification
- Certificate verification
- Interview, skills assessment, and entry-level tests
- Employee health check, including a pre-employment physical complete with immunization update, drug screening, and TB test
In addition to passing the above criteria, the candidate must complete our orientation and training program.
Yes. At O’Connell we do not use an answering service—we have staff members who are on call during non-office hours to assist you with any urgent service issues, so you and your family can have peace of mind 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We service all of Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin counties.